Register for the Summit
Local minority- and women-owned companies are invited to attend this event for free networking and professional development alongside community groups and organizations that are committed to supporting small businesses. Enjoy an expo with resources for small businesses, learning opportunities through presentations and panel discussions, the chance to be inspired by others and more. Plus, watch an exciting pitch competition where Hy-Vee will award $50,000 to small businesses! Registrations taken up until the day of the summit. Walk-ins are welcomed!
Tuesday, September 19, 2023
7:30 a.m. — 4:30 p.m.
The University Club
1526 5th Avenue, Moline, IL 61265
Click here to view directions and parking.
A complimentary lunch and breakfast is included with registration.
7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
8:30 - 8:45 a.m.
Pitches – Round 1 – FOOD & BEVERAGE
8:45 - 9:45 a.m.
Panel 1: "Shelf-Talk" with local vendors
9:45 - 10:45 a.m.
10:45 - 11:30 a.m.
Pitches – Round 2 – TECH & INNOVATION
11:30 a.m - 12:30 p.m.
Keynote Speaker: Alfred Ramirez, Founder, Diverse Strategies Now
12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
1:30 - 2:15 p.m.
Pitches – Round 3 – HEALTH/WELLNESS/BEAUTY
2:15 - 3:15 p.m.
Panel 2: Boosting Your Business Marketing
3:15 - 4:15 p.m.
4:15 - 4:30 p.m.
Winners Announced and Conclude
“Shelf-Talk” with Local Vendors:
Hear from local business owners about what it is like to partner with Hy-Vee and other retailers, from products to services. Learn how to develop flexible distribution plans, create profitable merchandising strategies, and more.
- Moderator: Kory Robinson, Regional Vice President, Quad Cities/IL, Hy-Vee, Inc.
- Panelist: Heather Scrowther, Co-Owner, Lock 14 Dam Good Salsa
- Panelist: Haylee Sommers, Co-Owner, Lock 14 Dam Good Salsa
- Panelist: Harreld Webster, Jr., Owner, Triple Dipples Treats & Delicacies
Boosting Your Business Marketing:
Business leaders will share effective strategies they’ve used to elevate their business plan, make marketing dollars go further, gain traction online, and explore ways to best promote ideas and products in an evolving world.
- Moderator: Douglas Tschopp, Director, EDGE Center, Augustana College
- Panelist: Melissa Pepper, Chief Strategy Officer, Russell Construction
- Panelist: Jenifer Furness, CEO, Boundaries Mind Body Wellness
- Panelist: Maria Ontiveros, CEO, Mercado on Fifth